In implementing screening evaluations, it is desirable to conduct a formal validation study to ensure that the selection system accurately predicts job performance; this also increases the likelihood that correct hiring decisions will be made. A formal validation study involves the documentation of the relationships between test scores and job performance. When a testing process is valid, individuals who perform well on the test will have a higher likelihood of performing better on the job than those who score poorly on the test. Our consultants have extensive education and experiences in statistical analysis, psychometric theory, and research design. Statistical analysis enables decision makers to address questions such as:
- Are hiring procedures good predictors of job performance?
- Are employment practices fair?
- Are our employment tests have an adverse impact?
- What are the characteristics of “high performers” in our organization?
- What is the probability that a specific candidate will be successful in our organization?